Posted by EmployeeChannel on 10.19.2017
HR is bombarded with demands for analytics that will improve a host of business processes, from talent acquisition and management to leadership and performance, culture adoption, and employee engagement and retention.
With contemporary data capture technologies, HR also has the opportunity to use analytics to improve the cornerstone of employee engagement: employee communication.
But what are the key questions that need to be answered? Here are a few for consideration:
1. How well am I achieving the key performance indicators (KPIs) of my internal communications plan?
2. Are my communications having a positive impact on employee engagement and employee experience?
3. Are my communications consistently driving desired business outcomes?
4. How effective is my message development, delivery, readership, and response?
5. How effective are my communications at eliciting meaningful feedback from target audiences?
Communication analytics can provide valuable insight that drives more meaningful communication with employees and a competitive advantage for organizations.
However, the value of the insight is only possible with a strong communication strategy, clearly articulated KPIs, and communications that are tied directly to business outcomes.